Pages

Wednesday 14 April 2010

The PEB Test - Sinn Fein passes

Sinn Fein had their PEB tonight and it had the highest production values so far. A good chunk of it is seems to have been lifted from their recent conference video but it passes the alright test. I'm not its target market and from what I could understand (Gaelic isn't my forte) the message seemed to be we've done a good job and stick with us (even if how we go from here is all a bit vague).

Also at my first view I wonder if Gerry Kelly breached the rules about a candidate appearing in a PEB must not be filmed in an identifiable part of the constituency they are standing in. I thought I recognised it as part of North Belfast but I'll have to have another look to check. UPDATE On a second look there are possibly three breaches - Gildernew stands in front of a bus twice - with South-West Fermanagh written on it. Kelly is standing with the Belfast Hills behind him. It pops off for a few seconds and then is back at the same housing development now with the Rathcoole high rises in the backshot. Possibly Ruane as well but I'll need another look.

No comments: